By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours.
An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary.
They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for,
received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full.
Love is meant to be shared.

~ Author Unknown ~

May 4, 2010

Day 2

This is the day that our travel group was complete...we met the Barnetts! They adopted a little girl from Lang Son. We had dealt with delays together. ID cards and amended home studies were our worries. In the end though, our day had arrived and we went to meet them.

We and the Hylands took at a taxi to their hotel and went up to the room...the wrong one. I was knocking on the door, when a maid came out of a room and told us that the room where we were was empty, but that there were Americans in the room next door! I guess I misunderstood the Front Desk worker's English.

We talked A LOT that afternoon. The biggest, and most pleasant surprise, was just how well the men got along! We knew us girls would. Jerry and Barry are fairly shy, and Brian is not so. (LOVE ya Brian!) They really hit it off. They were quickly plotting on how to get out of the Water Puppet Show. In the end, the ladies went...and at least 2 of us fell asleep! I think Marie stayed awake. It was very nice, but the traditional music was very soothing as a lullaby. We met the 2 families from our hotel there, with some of the other families that had adopted from their orphanage with them. We spoke a little in the gift shop area after the show and realized that I was infamous! One of the moms recognized my name from our agency's Yahoo group, as well as this blog. Seems like there were a lot of people praying for us to overcome our obstacles...THANKS.

One thing that I remember was how relieved Jerry was when Marie and I said we would bring Jill home in the taxi before heading back to our hotel. He was a little worried about her...very sweet! By then, Marie and I were beginning to get our bearings a bit. So after coffee at Highlands Coffee with Martha and Donna's crews, we returned her home, safe and sound.

Earlier that day, we had gone to the "Hanoi Hilton" where John McCain was held. The Barnetts' hotel was built on some of its former grounds. We had as good a time as possible, given what we were seeing. It gave us a chance to chat while we looked. We also ran into Lisa and Tom that day, at the hotel.

I think this was also the day that we ate at their hotel. We had a wonderful lunch. I was brave once again and walked up to a stranger and asked if she was Debbie, another PA adoptive mom, and blogger, that I had been in touch with. I knew she was staying there and we talked about trying to meet someday. It wasn't her, but another AP that I was able to talk to. A little while later, I saw a group that had some older children (2-3yrs old), so I gave it another try and it was them!! They had just received their children's visas and were on Cloud 9! No, I am not shy, usually LOL

Morgan is a sweetheart! Funny thing is that we took Jacob to an International Adoption Peditrian in Philaselphia the week we arrived home. As we were walking out of the exam room, they called for a Morgan to come in. I turned around and there they were!! They were able to meet Jacob and we talked a couple of minutes about the adjustments of being home, before they were taken back to see the doctor. SMALL WORLD

Last year's post
Check out the couple from this date
3 different slideshows of pictures

No comments: