By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours.
An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary.
They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for,
received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full.
Love is meant to be shared.

~ Author Unknown ~

May 4, 2010

Don't Want to Forget

I want to write of one of the highlights of the trip (there were many and some were obvious!). Last night, when I posted yesterday's reflections, I wasn't 100% sure which day it was that this happened. The more I think though, I think it was on our 1st full day. So it gets its own post!

I have written before of the wonderful friendships that I forged through this process. The families in our travel group will always be close and dear friends. So will Lisa and her family. I don't know how I would have remained sane throughout the process if it wasn't for her. We were each other's sounding boards and pep quads! She and I talked a couple of times a week and emailed each other daily. Her son was the one that I asked for prayers when he was so sick.

She and I had joked that we were delayed so we could meet in Vietnam...and we did!! She and Tom traveled the week before us, but we communicated while they were there and she sent me a picture of her family on their G&R Day. She left a message for us at the hotel when we arrived as they had changed hotels. I FINALLY figured out how to call their hotel. She said she was going to stop by.

When she walked through the door, I cried! I am typing this now and I am getting teary-eyed. It meant SO much to see and hug her....and to hold Ben! We had weathered the storm and we made it! She had him in her arms....and mine! In a couple of days, we would have Jacob. It was surreal that we were in Vietnam....together! While our lives back home have kept us busy, I still think of them often and KNOW that I need to call her. While I posted about their Family Day, I didn't call. BAD FRIEND!! She and all of her children, and mother, visited us in the Fall. It was WONDERFUL!! I only wish they could have stayed longer.

We have been bonded and no matter how busy life keeps us, I hope she always knows just how much her friendship means to me!!!

Jacob & Ben ~ Together for the first time, in October

No comments: