Twas the night before our G & R and the creatures were going CRAZY trying to get everything ready! OK...I was crazy, Barry was his normal calm self. He was in bed at a decent hour, I was running on adrenaline!
We knew that we were looking at a 4AM wake-up call, so we wanted to get to bed at a normal hour, but there was still so much to do! For airline security reasons, we weren’t allowed to wrap anything before traveling and of course, I hadn’t done any of it in the 4 days we were waiting! We gave each of the officials a pen and pencil set and a box of chocolates. That was 10 boxes to wrap.
Next were the small gifts for the nannies at the orphanage. We were to bring small gifts for 20 of the nannies. We bought each of them a little bottle of body wash, wrapped in a pair of slipper socks, tied with a ribbon. I also included some note cards and Hershey kisses. The funny thing that was I kept adding more chocolate, as I realized just how much I had! I had so many that I should have brought more little snack baggies for them! The BIG problem of the night was finding something big enough to hold these 20 little bags.
I eventually figured it out though and moved onto the Jacob’s birthmother and nanny. These were the hard ones. What do you give the woman who took care of your son for his entire life of 14 months? Worst yet, what do you give the woman who gave you her son? First and foremost, we wanted them both to have a photo album of the pictures we had received of him, as well as picture of us, our home, and the life waiting for him in America.
Along with the photo album, we gave the nanny some bath stuff, a nicer pair of slipper socks, hair elastics, and some chocolate, as well. We wrote her a note, thanking her for loving and taking such great care of our son for us.
Jacob's birthmom....whatever we put in that pink bag could NEVER be enough, or express to her enough just how important she is to us. How much we are grateful for what she has done. We tried to express it in a card to her. We hope she knows and she remembers it every time she wears the heart pendant that we bought her, along wth things below.
No comments:
Post a Comment