Today is the day set aside by many to remember the wonderful women who gave us such a wonderful gift....their child. I remember the night that I wrote the note to Jacob's birthmother. How do you express your gratitude for such a selfless act? I can't imagine the pain. In our adoption, we were able to meet this woman, and her mother. She had brought Jacob to the orphanage over a year earlier. Soon after his first birthday, she had to spend a day with him for DNA testing. How she must have felt to see him again. Did she think she would see him again? I believe she knew that she would be there at the Giving and Receiving, but this was an entire day (6+ hrs in a car), a few feet from him. From the way he reacted to us at the G&R, I doubt he was very friendly on DNA day either. How it would be to be that close and not be able to hold him, or maybe even touch him. I wish I had thought to ask how the day went for all of them. After a final picture was taken of us, Jacob, her, her mom, and the director, he told her to hand me Jacob and SHE DID. That moment was huge. She was freely giving me her son, who was legally ours at the time. AMAZING!! Remembering her on this day and praying that her life 5 years later is all that she had hoped. Is she married? Does she have more children? I pray that she is as happy as she made us that day!!
LOVE this song.....
Story behind the song.....

No comments:
Post a Comment