By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours.
An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary.
They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for,
received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full.
Love is meant to be shared.

~ Author Unknown ~

January 12, 2009

Remember This?


As a child, this little rhyme used to scare me because my mom was terminally ill (not that I knew that she was terminal) and I didn't want to put her in anymore pain. I was careful to NOT step on cracks as a kid!
It really isn't as sad as it seems. I really did have a pretty great childhood. We were a very close knit family and I have lots of wonderful memories. I only knew my Mom sick. Up until the day that she died when I was 10, I never really thought much of it. That was just my life.

1 comment:

Kam said...

Sweet post. So sorry to hear about your mom. But so glad you have wonderful memories of her. Hope you are having a great day! Maybe you'll get some news...here's hoping!