That is what our new son needs.
Zachary had been my favorite for awhile, but my husband wasn't too keen on it when I brought it up. Then, I was afraid that it was a little too popular for a little Vietnamese boy and began to like Seth instead. He did not.
He came up with the idea of Joshua on the way to have our fingerprints redone in September. I pointed out that it was our neighbor's (a little 9 yo Korean boy) name. Not that they can't have the same name, but.... He said OK, I will think of another.
His next was Joel, which I thought was OK, but I kept thinking of a disturbed student that I had by that name, even though I do know of 3 other Joels that are sweet little boys.
A couple of weeks ago, he brought up the idea of the name Jacob. I thought about it for a day or so and realized that I kind of like it. Jacob is THE most popular name in the US, so Joshua and Zachary being in the top 30 or so isn't as big a deal as I was originally thinking.
We agree that these are the 3 choices. We are also considering the poor child who will have to write a cursive Z. His middle name will be a combination of his Vietnamese first and middle names, we think.
PLEASE vote in the poll to the right.
What do you think?
Zachary had been my favorite for awhile, but my husband wasn't too keen on it when I brought it up. Then, I was afraid that it was a little too popular for a little Vietnamese boy and began to like Seth instead. He did not.
He came up with the idea of Joshua on the way to have our fingerprints redone in September. I pointed out that it was our neighbor's (a little 9 yo Korean boy) name. Not that they can't have the same name, but.... He said OK, I will think of another.
His next was Joel, which I thought was OK, but I kept thinking of a disturbed student that I had by that name, even though I do know of 3 other Joels that are sweet little boys.
A couple of weeks ago, he brought up the idea of the name Jacob. I thought about it for a day or so and realized that I kind of like it. Jacob is THE most popular name in the US, so Joshua and Zachary being in the top 30 or so isn't as big a deal as I was originally thinking.
We agree that these are the 3 choices. We are also considering the poor child who will have to write a cursive Z. His middle name will be a combination of his Vietnamese first and middle names, we think.
PLEASE vote in the poll to the right.
What do you think?
6 comments:
Well, I am very partial to Zachary. I love that name and so does my son - never complained about writing it out in print or cursive. P.S. I stole your tree widget - I just had to have it. LOL!
No Problem ~ I stole it from someone myself! ;-)
I chose Jacob. I love that name!
Jacob is lovely. What about a VN option?
I'm partial to Luke, myself :)
We did consider Lucas ;-)
Post a Comment