By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours.
An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary.
They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for,
received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full.
Love is meant to be shared.

~ Author Unknown ~

December 7, 2007

Just what I needed.....


I emailed someone who works for our agency to let her know that we received our I-171H. This was her reply...

That is so cool. It sounds like just about the time it all gets authenticated and to VietNam your dossier may be translated and the whole thing ready to submit. Isn't life grand???

Yes it is!! I really needed that boost of confidence that our timing really may work out.

I also emailed our caseworker, who happens to be the Executive Director of our agency, to let her know as well. I need to send her a copy of it for when she submits our I-600 form (Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative).

That is the form that needs approved for the US Gov't to issue a visa for the baby to come back into the States with us. There is a new policy where you file this before traveling. This way, if there are any issues with your paperwork, it is investigated before traveling and getting your child.

Moving ahead!!!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Even better, keep moving forward!